On Tuesday 21 October 2014, the HaPoC Commission Council composed by Liesbeth de Mol, Giuseppe Primiero, Benedikt Loewe, Raymond Turner, Helena Durnova and gerard Alberts met in London. This was our annual Council meeting.
The discussion was focused on the present and the future of HaPoC, and its activities. In particular, the Council has considered:
– the current structure of HaPoC and the engagement of its members;
– the forthcoming Third Conference on the History and Philosophy of Computing (stay tuned for more news soon!);
– the financial and administrative status of the Commission;
– the organization of other forthcoming events (again, be alert!);
– the possibilities of new activities and our publications plans.
The future of the HaPoC Commission is in all its members and the Council hopes to engage you more in leading the activities that are being planned. You will hear from us soon again with details of all the topics discussed in London!